Booker's Bourbon has announced the release of Batch No. 2014-6, hand-selected by Fred Noe, Beam's 7th Generation Master Distiller, and the "Booker's Bourbon Roundtable" of whiskey writers and experts. Batch No. 2014-6 was selected by secret ballot vote at the Noe family home in Bardstown, Kentucky where the brand's namesake, Booker Noe, tasted each new batch of Booker's Bourbon with friends and family.
In honor of the 25th anniversary of the uncut, unfiltered bourbon, the Booker's Bourbon Roundtable paid homage to Booker's tasting tradition of gathering personal friends around his kitchen table to choose the next batch. This selection marked the first time the Roundtable came together for a live, in-person tasting; they had previously selected all batches through virtual tastings.
"We brought the group to Kentucky to select their last batch of the year in the best way we knew how – by getting together at my dad's house to taste his favorite bourbon," said Fred Noe. "Booker's was founded on my dad's love for great bourbon, so by bringing the Roundtable together at his house, we were able to keep his tasting traditions alive."
The Roundtable panelists – an exclusive group consisting of top whiskey experts, enthusiasts and writers – who hand-selected Batch No. 2014-6 with Fred Noe and Booker's grandson, Freddie Noe, included the following members:
- Chuck Cowdery, Blogger and Author of "Bourbon, Strange: Surprising Stories of American Whiskey"
- John McCarthy, Spirits Writer and Senior Managing Editor of Men's Health Magazine
- Jack Robertiello, Spirits Writer and Judge
- Tony Sachs, Spirits Writer and Huffington Post Blogger
- Fred Minnick, Spirits Writer, Judge, and Author of "Whiskey Women: The Untold Story of How Women Saved Bourbon, Scotch, and Irish Whiskey"
Currently available nationwide, Booker's Bourbon Batch No. 2014-6, the second to last batch of 2014 and the Roundtable's last selection this year, was chosen based on the following characteristics:
- Proof: 127.7
- Age: 7 years, 2 months and 2 weeks
- Nose: Vanilla with some toasted nuts
- Finish: Long, smooth finish
- Sipping Suggestions: With ice or cut with water