Welcome to our
Search over 500
Recipes by name
or filter by Ingredient
- Origin: The origins of the Martini are unknown but it first appeared in the late 1800s. Originally a sweet drink, it evolved over time into the popular Dry Martini we know today.
- Glass: Martini
- Method: Shake and strain.
12.5ml Martini Rosso Sweet Vermouth
50ml Bombay Sapphire Gin
1 dash Fee Brothers Orange Bitters
- Garnish: Three olives or lemon zest. The original was sometimes known to contain a cherry or two.
- Notes: There are many theories as the beginning of this drink. One suggests it evolved from the Martinez cocktail served at the Occidental Hotel in San Francisco in the early 1860s. Early Martinis used a sweeter type of gin than London dry and were know to contain curacao.
- Base Spirit: Gin, Vermouth
- Type: Cocktail
- Difficulty: 3 - Medium
mudlmag RT @MattManningChef: Two fantastic evenings at One Ingredient at @reveriecapetown. Thanks to @rianavdm @sevensp… https://t.co/MMY1ALRJFN ht…
mudlmag RT @ATOM_obs: Looking smart! We've restored the original Victorian fence and broekie lace and kept the iconic maroon colour. https://t.co/f…
mudlmag RT @LeahVanDeventer: Can't wait to get stuck into these babies with @DavePickerell and @DistilledSpirit https://t.co/OZMeAOMzYz