The perfect Heineken serve, called the Heineken Star Serve, consists of a five step ritual which involves The Rinse, The Pour, The Skim, The Check and The Serve.
The bartenders that follow these 5 steps to the letter are about to be rewarded. Ten of the country's bartenders have been selected to participate in the Heineken National Bartenders Finals taking place in Cape Town on 16th February. The winner, decided by a panel of beer connoisseurs, including celebrity judge Lunga Shabalala, will represent South Africa at the Global Bartender Final in the home of Heineken, Amsterdam, in April.
"I'm looking forward to seeing Heineken draught served with the same dedication it is brewed with: perfection," says panelist Tjeerd Veldhuis (Marketing Manager, Heineken South Africa).
The national finalists include:
From Gauteng -
- Mandlenkhosi Hutchinson Khambule from Brazenhead, Florida Glen
- Dilon Mzondiwe from Dros, Midrand
- David Museki from Brazenhead, Willows
- Thabo Maziwa from Molly Manlones
- Kingsley Arthur from Mama Tembas
From KwaZulu-Natal -
- Grant John Edgar from Connor's
- Trace Van der merwe from Harry's Bar
- Denis Sean O'Tool from Waxxy O'Connors
- Lloyd Taibo from Neighbourhoods Restaurant
From Cape Town -
- Alfred Tafirenyika from Long Street Café