The World Class House will form the unique centre piece to the World Class Bartender of the Year competition in Cape Town in August and September, inviting people to be a part of one of the biggest events on the luxury drinking and mixology calendar – a gathering of global icons and authorities from the sphere of fine spirits under one roof for 10 days.
Visitors to the House at Roodebloem Studios will rub shoulders with distinguished master distillers from around the world, meet the global brand ambassadors and respected mixologists and enjoy a drink served by previous World Class winners from a menu created especially for occasion.
The World Class Global Finals is one of the industry's most prestigious and respected mixology competitions. It is the the culmination of a series of national finals held in various countries around the world, and will be hosted in South Africa in August and September. To celebrate, World Class House will be open to a limited number of guests from August 28 to September 5.
"We are on a journey to inspire the world to drink better. World Class is a mark of distinction that guarantees the absolute best in drinking experiences. This is exactly what the World Class House will offer – the best bartenders creating the best drinks using the world's best spirits," said Johanna Dalley, global director for World Class.
Experiences at the House will include intimate tastings of Bulleit Bourbon, ahead of its launch in South Africa next month and a one-of-a-kind mentoring session courtesy of Johnnie Walker Blue Label. Tanqueray Gin will bring 1920s glamour to life with timeless Martinis and Gin & Tonics. People will be able to experience a whole new perspective of the classic Bloody Mary cocktail with Ketel One Vodka, the "most recommended vodka by bartenders" according the publication Drinks International.
World Class House information:
The World Class House will be open from August 28th to September 5th from 6pm to 11pm during the week of the World Class Bartender of the Year competition. Online purchase of tickets is available at the www.theworldclasshouse.com for R180 to guests over the age of 21. The price includes R80 credit which can be used to purchase beverages or book a place at one of the brand experiences. Additional credit can be purchased in the House.
World Class House Experiences:
In addition to the four cocktail bars, seven iconic brands will each have a space and activity designed to educate and entertain guests, including:
- World Class Bar: Upon entering the House, guests will enjoy a cocktail from an exclusive menu prepared and served by previous World Class Bartender of the Year winners.
- Zacapa Rum Room: A multi-sensory experience designed to bring to life the iconic home of the brand – Guatemala. Hosted by Zacapa master blender Lorena Vasquez and global brand ambassador Rebecca Quinonez, guests will be immersed in the magic behind the exquisite rum and will be introduced to Zacapa's philosophy – "The Art of Slow".
- Tanqueray Gin Experience: Recreates the glamour of the roaring 1920s with classic cocktails and a few contemporary twists. Star bartender Thomas Aske will be crafting Martinis, while the impressive Tanqueray Imperial Shaker – a 1.5m steel-crafted mechanical cocktail shaker – will add a whole new twist to your Gin Fizz.
- Johnnie Walker Symphony in Blue: The Johnnie Walker Blue Label "Symphony in Blue" lounge is an experience that takes drinkers on an interactive journey through the six main flavours of the whisky. Small groups of no more than 12 will enjoy an intimate tasting led by Johnnie Walker global brand ambassador, Tom Jones. Using a combination of theatre and cutting-edge digital technology, the lounge allows visitors the opportunity to step inside the world of Johnnie Walker Blue Label through a rich blend of animation and live-action film.
- Don Julio Cantina: A Mexican-style cantina where guests will be served Mexican-inspired food and cocktails. The area will capture a Latin spirit while guests enjoy the Don Julio tequila paired with delicious food.
- Ketel One Bloody Mary: Guests will gain a whole new perspective on the classic Bloody Mary as Ketel One vodka explores the cocktail's key ingredients and flavour components. It will be an exploration of the building blocks of this unique serve as guest is guided through the creation of their very own Bloody Mary.
- Bulleit Bourbon: Guests will enjoy a taste of Kentucky in the Bulleit Lodge where brand founder Tom Bulleit and Bulleit global brand ambassador Tim Etherington-Judge will play host, presenting the brand's entrepreneurial spirit as guests are treated to Bulleit Bourbon and Bulleit Rye. Visitors will also be treated to delicious Bulleit Mint Juleps, Boilermakers and Kentucky Iced Teas.